Spontaneity

Guess who's back? Back again? Iris is back! Tell a friend! (Lowkey had to look up the rest of the lyrics cause I didn't even know what the song was called. Solid. Google had my back on that one!)

But yeah! If you couldn't tell, I'M BACK! ON SUMMER VACAY YO! I'm honestly so excited. This summer is gunna be fun, productive, and amazing!

Part of why I am so excited is that I am finally in control of my life, and it's a great feeling. I'll spare you all the details, but basically there were certain courses that I was mandated to take but I didn't find interesting, and I really struggled in them, meaning they took up a LOT of my time in order to do well. However, I put in the time, so that next year, I am able to take only the courses I want to take, and am genuinely interested in. I am SO pumped, you have no idea. So now, I feel much more in control of my life.

BUT ANYWAYS. That's not the point of this post. Today I wanted to talk to you all about spontaneity.

Being spontaneous is a funny thing. It's exciting, and you usually end up having more fun. But it is also good to think things through once in awhile.

I've been trying to be more spontaneous lately, cause I find I often overthink things, and tbh that's just exhausting. So I've started to just kinda do it. Here's what I've found:

It's been cool, actually. Not letting myself think about things too much. Like, if I want to walk to the library, I don't think "oh what if it rains" or "oh what if I get tired" (etc.) I just think "you know what, I think this is a good idea so I'm just going to go for it".

Since I started being spontaneous, I've had random hangouts/done things with my friends more, texted/talked to people I wouldn't normally, gone for random walks, and more. And, I've enjoyed it all. I think it's important to have a balance of some spontaneity in your life. If you overthink things all the time, then you won't do anything and you won't get anywhere!

If you aren't already, I would highly suggest introducing more spontaneity in your life. After all, what's the worst that can happen? I find the best way is to just say, "why the heck not" and go for it.

So go talk/text/converse with your crush, cause guess what: they probably won't judge you, and you never know how things will go! At the very least, you will get a good conversation! And you won't ever live with 'what if'.

Go to the library, or beach, just because you feel like it!

Go for a walk, cause why not! (...that rhymed :D)

Do things in the moment, and you'll have a whole lot more fun because of it. Trust me.

Some quotes I have recently found:

"Though she be but little, she is fierce."

"Don't say there's nothing you can do. Inspire yourself and create new opportunities."

"How can you be successful if you're not yourself?"

And my personal fave: "Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may have been given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it."

That's really all I have to say. I have been writing a ton today, and I posted a chapter of my book on wattpad if you would like to check that out :))))

Anywho. I'm gunna go. Are you guys spontaneous? What is the best example of being spontaneous that happened to you? Let me know in the comments below! (THAT ALSO RHYMED, whaddya know??)

For all of you finished exams, CONGRATS :)))

For all of you about to start/in the middle of exams: YOU CAN DO IT! Push a little harder, you've almost made it!! I beleaf in you :)

(hehehe I love making puns :P. I hope that made you laugh or smile at least a little)

Till next time!

~Iris xoxo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

my quarantine thus far as told through tv shows.

Q&A + tag

Things That Make Me Happy